Saturday, July 21, 2007

Orlando Weekly OR Orlando Weakly

Well Orlando Weekly's "Best Of Orlando" ended a few days ago. For anyone who isn't familiar with this Orlando Weekly is a local free newspaper.. I consider it quasi underground. They say and do what ever they want and don't print fluf crap like the real newspaper. Anywho, one of their writers blogged about my site when it first came out and drove A LOT of traffic my way. Then another writer sent me a friend request on Myspace and said he liked my stories. So i'm like wow, they like me.. and I like them because we are alike in so many ways. So I KNOW a lot of my fans and friends voted for me in the "best of" section that allowed votes.. but I didn't expect to win those. What I DID expect was a mention in one of the zillons of catagories that the writers make up and pick their own winner.. like "best airborne cult" which was won by a company in Groveland Florida.. isn't it "best of Orlando"?? Or "Best affordable kids activity" which was won by the city of Oviedo??? Not to mention all the myspace pages that won things and are set to private?? How can you list all that other crap and NOT list the Official Orlando Anti-tourism site????