Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nothing can last in Orlando!!!!

Arrrrrrr! I'm mad! Even though I have a WHOLE site dedicated to Orlando sucking I find my good ole blog the easiest place to throw my thoughts. I don't know where to start.. let me start with what just happened. I just did a heap of manual labor which in my mind always calls for a reward of some type of junk food. So I stop at BP and walk up to the "Hotties" case.. only to realize it is completely empty?! I ask the clerk what is going on and she tells me they went out of business. WHAT?!? They had like 3 stand alone stores and donuts cases in almost every quickie mart in Orlando.. they are the best donuts EVER! I mean, those with the peanut butter in the middle.. they would make the pope curse! Now they are gone just like that.. I went to their website (hotties.com) and it confirms it.

Now flash back to over a month ago.. I got an email from a loyal viewer who told me he saw my tribute to Jungle Jims on the "what doesn't suck" page and he just wanted to let me know they weren't there anymore.. WHAT?!? I called their number and he was right. Every time I went there they were packed!?? They were right in the heart of the tourist area?!!?

WTF! Orlando is a barren field that has been cursed so no crops will grow.. Ok, that is an analogy for no business can STAY in business.. no mater how lucrative it is!!

So to summarize, if you have a kick ass business idea.. MOVE to somewhere will let you live your dream because Orlando will suck you dry, even if you are right next door to Disney and have awesome food and good service.. even if you have the best donuts EVER and deliver to all the major stores.. it DOESN'T matter here..

The Webmaster (wipes away tear)