Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Virginia Tech Shooting

It boggles my mind that things like this happen in places that you would least expect. What I mean is that Orlando is FULL of crazy people and our incidents are normally small. Even the huge population of "career criminals" we have don't go off the deep end like this guy did. Why is that? I know what your thinking, "That guy was mentally ill, that's not the same as a criminal!" Well in my opinion most criminals ARE mentally ill in some way.. that's why they keep committing crimes and NORMAL people don't. Even if they seem completely normal there is something wrong with them because they don't see anything wrong with their lifestyle. Even if you sort them into two different categories we have plenty of both in Orlando.. crazy people AND career criminals and we are still lucky enough that we haven't had something like this happen.. that's all I'm trying to say.